SO HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED WITH MONARCH, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE WONDERING, ALL 0 OF YOU:
1. I finished a 2 minute long animation for it (was going to be Pg. 7) on Dec. 25th that I'd been working on for about a month - and I HATED it. It will never see the light of day, and YOU will never see IT.
2. After hating my animation so very much, I started looking over the mediocre art I did for the first few pages, and thinking back on how much *NOT FUN* I had doing it, and I'm just like, bitch, let's make dis shit a novel.
3. Since the story is so very long and will take me forever to write, I broke the plot up into not one but THREE or FOUR books. The last book will be called Monarch, and since they can't all be called Monarch, the first will be called Dream State. This first book is what I'm working on right now, and it ends right at the point where Dreamland and Wakeland merge and all the gods are unbound and have their god powers.
4. My self-enforced deadline for finishing Dream State is, of course, Dec. 31st of this year - hopefully. Since it's just writing - not art - and since it's just 1/4th of the story - not all of it - I think a year should be plenty of time to get it done. After that I will be finding an agent and submitting it to publishers, and yada yada.
5. Also, you probably won't be seeing ANY of it until it's finished, as I doubt I'll be on the site much - I kind of want to turn inward and just sort of, write for myself, not worry about what other people think or if anyone is going to read this. So I definitely won't be submitting Act 5, or the new Act 1, or anything else on here. Which makes me kind of sad, because I do want to share it with people - but, I think while it's in this embryotic stage and nothing remains certain, it should be kept secret, private, and allowed to develop on its own terms into, whatever it turns out to be.
6. I'm also toying with the idea of making it into a podcast once it's done, but I'm not sure where I'm going to find actors to voice it seeing as I DON'T KNOW ANYONE.
WISH ME LUCK, PPL I DON'T KNOW.
*Floats away on a cloud of whimsy and mirth.*